The Florida Supreme Court has issued an opinion updating the rules governing mediation procedures in the state’s appellate courts.
Accordingly, the Florida Rules of Appellate Procedure have been updated to include the following new rules:
- Rule 9.700 Mediation Rules
- Rule 9.710 Eligibility for Mediation
- Rule 9.720 Mediation Procedures
- Rule 9.730 Appointment and Compensation of the Mediator
- Rule 9.740 Completion of Mediation
The opinion also makes related amendments to the Rules for Certified and Court Appointed Mediators.